Random card Top 7 list:
Today I will be using a feature on gatherer to take 7 random cards in the history of Magic: The Gathering and rank them and state the reason. Here are the cards:
Feedback, Voidmage Apprentice, Guardian’s Magemark, Artisan of Kozilek, Anaba Bodyguard, Skyshroud Falcon, Animate Dead
7. Feedback – This redundant enchantment is absolutely abysmal. Paying 3 mana to have your opponent take 1 damage per turn is painfully bad. This effect can also be countered if said enchantment is destroyed. Possible uses for this card include: a coaster, a proxy, and tinder.
6. Anaba Bodyguard – It is a pretty straightforward creature, but it isn’t very good. For that mana I’d rather have any numerous red creatures out on the field. The first strike effect is also essentially useless due to the high toughness on this card. It is a miracle that this card even saw a reprint in 10th Edition.
5. Guardian’s Magemark – Possibly one of the worst magemarks, the flash pales in comparison to the abilities such as Infiltrator’s Magemark, which essentially gives all your creatures unblockability. I’ve never been completely sold on auras, so it doesn’t go very high on my list.
4. Skyshroud Falcon – Skyshroud Falcon is a plain and simple card. A 1/1 flier with vigilance isn’t anything spectacular, but it isn’t terrible, especially with equipments. If you are going to play it, consider Squadron Hawk instead.
3. Artisan of Kozilek – This card is hard to cast due to its high converted mana cost, but it pays off. Not only does it give you any creature from your graveyard. It is a solid 10/9 with annihilator 2. This card really finds a home in the Commander format, where high mana cost creatures are common, and its colorlessness is very valuable for fitting into any deck.
2. Voidmage Apprentice – Counterspells are always incredibly useful, especially one that is an ability. While its cost is somewhat high, it functions as last word, and can get around split second and discard if need be.
1. Animate Dead – Animate Dead is a staple reanimation spell that has been around since alpha. For two mana you can take back any creature that has gone to the graveyard. You can use Entomb to send Iona, Shield of Emeria or any other bombshell to your graveyard and recur it second turn.
You can buy these cards and more on http://www.mtgfanatic.com/, where you can find great low prices and many rewards programs and giveaways.